So the election is a few days away and like every four years we hear the age old debates. “If you vote for this person, __ will happen. If you vote for that person, __ that will happen. If you don’t vote at all, __ will surely happen!” Ha! Will I vote? Hmmm….Absolutely. Who am I voting for? Hmmm….who are the write in candidates again? Does Jesus count? 🙂
- For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 2:7
I know that that there are a lot of scary potentials that could happen to this country and the world should any of the candidates be elected. However, we know how this will all really end. In an undetermined time Abba will return and He will run this place. Yeah the prince of the air may have temporary dominion and may get his works (works = agenda) set in place, but his works will not last forever. Besides Luke 10:19 declares that God’s has given us (Believers) authority over all the works of the prince of the air. So why are we stressing again?! Have some FAITH.
- For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison, while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:17
Love seems to be the topic of choice this election. Aren’t there more pressing issues…like the millions of women around the world including the US being sex trafficked or the massive poverty crisis. Much like the earth, God created all the principles in the universe including love. And the jealous liar that he is, the prince of the air, counterfeits all that Abba does. Think about the counterfeits that the prince of the air presented to Eve and Adam in the garden. Not much has changed with his darkness. He’s still presenting the world with his counterfeits including love. God does not define love the way the world does. The world defines love as friendship, romance, eros, or any other way that we feel is appropriate and makes us happy. We define love as heterosexual, homosexual, metrosexual, asexual, whatever sexual, etc and Abba does not. God defines sexuality as appropriate in the husband wife union.
God is quite clever. Have you noticed that in scripture he rarely just uses the word marriage but specifies husbands and wives (see 1 Peter 3)? “Husbands love your wives” or “Wives submit to your husbands.”? He knew what road the prince of the air might lead us down and wanted to make sure we understood clearly what He (Abba) intended. There’s no monkey room in Bible translations for redefining the terms husbands or wives. Besides, Abba does not take kindly to altering His sacred doctrine and forbids it (Deuteronomy 4:2 and Revelations 22:18). “Well that’s just not loving!” Really?! Abba gives us a lot of room to live the lives we want on earth and eternity. He could have made us robots but He didn’t. He loves us so much that He gives each of us the will to live a life for ourselves or a life consecrated to Him. God defines all sexuality outside of the husband and wife union as lust of the flesh and lust of the eyes or sexual sin (that includes pornography, self love/masturbation, non husband wife love aka fornicating or adultery regardless if hetero or homosexual) and things we should avoid as they automatically exclude us from the Kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6). God is love and made love very simple. Love is not our flesh (translation: flesh = feeling; love is not a feeling).
- Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
- There is no fear in perfect love, perfect love cast out all fear. 1 John 4:18
Love made simple. Vote this upcoming Tuesday and trust that Abba has us covered. We can rest in Him regardless of the outcome because…
- The father of lies (John 8:44) wants us to believe that he’s won and the ship is sinking. Why in the world would we give a liar that much thought time.
- Abba’s Word is truth and He’s already determined that NO WEAPON FORMED AGAINST US SHALL PROSPER (Isaiah 54:17)! Have some FAITH IN ABBA!
- If your candidate does not get elected, no worries. Abba has it all under control. He uses everything for his glory. “And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose” (Romans 8:28).
- “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left. “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him. Matthew 24:36-44 – Amen
Photo Credit: Crystal Graphics